Sunday, May 1, 2011

A new spring frock

_DSC1211

Aside from Phoebe's repurposed dress, I haven't done too much sewing for her lately.  Winter clothes are just not nearly as much fun to make as bright and flouncy summer dresses.

_DSC1229

I took a break from all of the wedding crafting I've been consumed in lately to sew up this cute little number using the perfect party dress pattern by Heidi and Finn.  You might remember another version that I made here.  The main fabric is from Denyse Schmidt's Joann line, and the sash is some older Alexander Henry.

_DSC1206

I made a size 2T, which ended up being a little large in the waist, but the sash takes care of that problem

_DSC1221_DSC1220

I made this dress in hopes of coaxing spring out of wherever it was hiding, and it seemed to have worked!  We spent a lovely afternoon picking every dandelion in sight and running through the grass.  Although this was after spending an hour and a half stuck at the store due to locking my keys in the car for the millionth time - doh!

_DSC1234

A little fun and sunshine was much needed around here.  That second set of molars isn't fun for anybody!

10 comments:

  1. Adorable dress! I was at Joann's on Saturday and they still didn't have Denyse Schmidt's new line! I'm soo frustrated because I really want to pick some of it up.

    Peter's molars are making an appearance, too. He's got 3 that are partially erupted and one more that's on it's way in. Poor kids! Teething sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute dress - and Phoebe looks perfectly darling in it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute dress...and I think Phoebe is so cute -- she's sort of frolicking in the grass. How fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this little dress-- so fresh and cute! I love your model, too, she's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! Love the fabrics you chose too! She's getting so big :) They just grow up way too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable dress! Love your little gals hairdo too, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That dress is so beautiful! I want one in my size! ;-) And your daughter is so precious--the perfect little model for your gorgeous dress!

    Rachel @ Maybe Matilda

    ReplyDelete
  8. That dress is super cute and your daughter is adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the fabric choices, it came out so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute cute cute! Classic summer. I featured you today on my favorite things :)

    http://sunshineandchaucer.blogspot.com/2011/05/my-favorite-thangs.html

    ReplyDelete