Friday, May 6, 2011

Craft supplies from the produce section

First of all - if you are my mom, mother-in-law, or grandma - STOP READING!!!  We just mailed your cards yesterday and you've probably not gotten them yet.

But for everyone else who is still scrambling around for a cute handmade Mother's Day card idea that is fun to do with toddlers or kids of any age - you're welcome to keep reading :)

First off, I cannot take credit for this sweet idea. I saw this pin on Pinterest a couple weeks back (are you as obsessed with Pinterest as I am yet?!) and stashed it away on my board of kid crafts, knowing that it would be perfect for Mother's Day.

You start off with a bunch of celery, and chop off all of the stalks, leaving the end hunk about 3 or 4 inches tall.

_DSC1243

See how it kind of makes the outline of a rose?  Well there you go - instant stamp!

_DSC1245

I set Phoebe to work stamping away.  Press....

_DSC1246

.....and lift.

_DSC1253

And voila!

_DSC1255

I'll be interested to see what my mother's day card looks like this year.  Last year I didn't actually get a card, but instead came home to a husband and a baby who both had stained red hands, a paint covered highchair, and the apology that "crafts are hard!".

3 comments: